Rails to Rafts
Now available for those persons wishing to combine a train ride with Ocoee River whitewater rafting!
Rails to Rafts passengers will detrain in Ducktown before arriving in Copperhill and will therefore miss the layover in that town. On the other hand, they'll be enjoying an approx. one-hour rafting trip on a portion of the world-class Ocoee River's famous whitewater! Note that Rails to Rafts is offered on "Copperhill" dates only through September (not Loop.)
Ticket price is $90 for everyone over the age of 12.
Special rates available for groups of 25 or more, and charter trips can be arranged for groups of 80 or more. Contact the TVRM office for information.
- Snack items are available for sale on the train such as soft drinks, coffee, water, chips, crackers, candy bars, etc.
- Souvenirs are sold onboard such as t-shirts, caps, books, etc.
- Restrooms are located on each train car.
- Trains consist of enclosed, climate-controlled coaches pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive.
- It is general admission onto the train. Please notify the conductor of any seating issues on the train and we'll do our best to remedy the situation.
- NOTE: A loading ramp is used at the train boarding location only. Steps must be used to load and unload in Copperhill. For anyone requiring special assistance, please contact the railroad office in advance to arrange for directions to avoid having to ride the shuttle bus.